There are three Southern Alps membership categories:
- Lodge Co-Op Shareholder (must also be financial SASC member).
- Club Membership
- Temporary Membership
Southern Alps Ski Club Inc is open for new members who have been nominated and seconded by existing financial members of SASC.
Club Member Benefits
- Entitled to book SASC Lodge accommodation after Lodge members but prior to Temporary member booking period - see dates on the tariff sheet.
- Members with “Single” SASC membership are entitled to SASC Club Member accommodation rates for themselves. Associates of the members are classed as Temporary Members.
- Members with “Family” SASC membership are entitled to SASC Club Member accommodation rates for themselves, the nominated associate and any dependant children (U19 years) listed on the SASC membership register.
- Receive four SASC Newsletters annually
- Eligible attend Club meetings - usually 4 per year.
- Eligible to attend and vote at SASC AGM.
- Eligible for election to the SASC Committee.
- Eligible to participate in SASC subcommittee calendar events
- Benefits of a share holding in Ben Ricketts Environmental Preserve.
Further information is available from the Club secretary.
Current membership fees are:
$170 (First year only - includes copy of our book "All Welcome - the story of Southern Alps Ski Club"
Initial Joining fee -
Annual fees -
$60 (Includes children U19 years)
$15 (Children U19 years)
New member applications must be accompanied by:
- Completed membership application form (please open from link, complete details, print, sign and send to the secretary with letters and payment).
- Letter from you the Applicant
- Letter of recommendation from the Proposer
- EFT or cheque to cover applicable fees
Please contact The Club Secretary for further information.
- Temporary members are SASC Lodge guests that are not Lodge or Club members
- Entitled to book SASC Lodge accommodation from the Temporary member booking opening dates shown on tariff sheet.
- Entitled to SASC Temporary member rates